|Size||150, 230, 300 mm|
PVC Water Stopper are flexible plastic strips which provide a physical barrier to Water at concrete joints, mostly in basements, Water retaining structures like Water tanks, Swimming pools, structural foundations & other below ground level constructions. Waterstops are also termed as Water Bars, seals construction joints. A typical waterstopper has two identical half on both side of a central bulb. These additional extensions are provided with the aim of increasing path length for water entering behind the edge of water stop.
Compounding of PVC Water Stopper:
- Waterstops are manufactured at INDIAN RUBBER CO. from Anti-Ageing customized plastic compound with PVC as a base polymer and exhibiting required properties like High Elasticity & Tensile Strength, Immune to Corrosion, Excellent weather resistant, Unaffected by acids, alkalis, metals salts and other chemicals, Lower water absorption, Withstand high Hydrostatic pressure, Can bear shocks of heavy turbines, Earth quakes, Floods.
Application In Construction Industry:
- PVC Waterstops act as sealant at RCC Masonry concrete joints & prevent any seepage of water in or out through joints.
- PVC Water stoppers withstand expansion or contraction movement at joints and take care of any deflection or displacement arising due to change in temperature, differential settlement of foundation, Geo disturbances causing Seismic forces like earth quack, thus eliminating danger of cracks.
Selection Of Appropriate Waterstop:
- Ribbed Type– multipurpose waterstop design, used where differential settlement of poured concrete is expected and a firm grip in concrete is desired.
- Dumbbell Type– Greater variation in temperature causes expansion or contraction of joints, Dumbbell type waterstop is suggested for these sites.
- Kicker (Surface) Type: These are externally placed and are used where embedded types cannot be used due to interference of steel reinforcement.
- Water Stoppers are tied to steel frame work through eyelets by means of small wires, certain metal clamps meant to grip the water stop seal and keep it in proper position.
- Firstly one half of the waterstop is embedded in the concrete leaving the second half extended. Second half is also embedded leaving the centre bulb free for expansion and contraction movements.
Area of Application:
- Public Utilities: Bridges, Road Embankments, Tunnels, Water Tanks, Swimming Pools, Water Filtration plants, Swage Plants, Clarifiers, Dams, Canals, Aqueducts, Reservoirs, Irrigation Projects Cooling Towers.
- Building: Basements, Foundations Slabs, Masonry Joints, Terraces, Retaining Walls, Overhead & Underground Water Tanks, Skyscraper.
- Industries: Chemical Plants, Fertiliser Steel, Waste Treatment Plants, Thermal & Hydro Power Stations, Atomic Reactors, Shipyards & Docks.